KGLP Tech/Assistant Job Description:
· Work 20 hour schedule each week during regular business hours, to be
coordinated with Station Manager.
· Assists with preparation of local and syndicated content for air.
· Assists with recording and preparation of public service announcements and
· Assists with maintenance and programming of the automation system and the
online events calendar.
· Adheres to KGLP and FCC regulations.
· Assists with training and supervision of volunteers and students.
Experience working with Youth desired.
· Assists with local fund-raising, including on-air fundraisers.
· Develops additional skills, as needed and as opportunities arise.
· Backstop Station Manager on all critical operations.
KGLP Tech/Assistant Job Qualifications:
Ability to communicate and work well with a diverse group of people.
Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and coordinate with Station Manager.
Knowledge of Windows and/or Mac computer operations; Familiarity with audio
software, Microsoft Office, PRSS/Content Depot, and audio equipment helpful,
though training will be provided for the right candidate.
Experience with configuring audio and computer equipment preferred.
On-Air experience and announcing skills desired. Audio demo or aircheck
requested. News and/or public affairs experience a plus.
Familiarity with non-commercial broadcasting requirements. Sales and
Marketing experience a plus, but not required.
Projected Salary: $15 per hour, 20 hours per week. (This is an hourly
position. Authorization will be required for additional weekly hours, though
comp time can be arranged with the Station Manager where applicable.)
No benefits other than expressly stated by the Gallup Public Radio Board of
A strong desire to grow in the position, with a passion for community or
public radio, would be an important consideration in hiring.
If interested in this position, please send a cover letter summarizing your
interest and qualifications, with a resume, to email@example.com - For more
information you may email, or call Rachel Kaub at 505-863-7626.